Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Hero discussion of the week: Alice

HarveySpecter| HarveySpecter 1/17/2018 15:52:31 From the mobile phone
Show all posts |Read mode
“Everyone needs Alice!” – says the cute, little princess.

Indeed, a good team will recognise and appreciate the unmatched support Alice brings to the table. She may be small in stature, but this cute hero stands tall when it comes to her crowd control abilities. She is dependent on her team mates especially during the start of the game, but once she finds her footing in the arena, she is a force to be reckoned with!

The 5Ss
Alice’s skill set is bar none the most helpful in terms of value and effectiveness amongst the support heroes. She could easily turn around matches that would otherwise be lost.

Speed (passive) – her movement speed increases by 20% for 1s after using a skill. This passive coupled with her second skill makes Alice extremely slippery!
Stun (first skill) – a magic-based damage which stuns the enemies. Using this skill is not easy. Good players make the most of this skill by anticipating where the enemy will go and not where they are!
Shield (second skill) – a useful skill which provides the team a protective shield which absorbs damage and 30% increase in movement speed. Use this skill to either initiate a push or help your team escape death!
Slow and Silence (ultimate skill) – this skill is called “hissy fit” for a reason. Alice unleashes a powerful circle which slows the enemies caught within its range, silences them, makes them extremely vulnerable against magic damage and not mentioning the significant amount of magic damage it deals every 0.5s! This is an incredibly useful crown control during team fights. Talk about a spoiled princess’ royal outburst!

“Give me more candy!”

Remember the one cardinal rule in playing a MOBA game: the more gold you accumulate, the higher the chance of winning the game. With Alice, it is important that you take your fair share of gold, because a good build requires costly items. As a support, you are expected to have the least amount of gold, but a good Alice will take advantage of every opportunity be it in lane or in jungle.

“You’re so mean!”

Because Alice is naturally squishy, you must give her items that will boost her defence and health points. Despite her good mobility, she could still be caught by cheeky assassins who can kill her even before she could escape. A good build will usually have defence items, support items to boost the team and items to boost her magic damage. The perfect combination of such items will make Alice almost impossible to kill and will lead her team to a guaranteed victory!

———
Comment below on what you think of Alice, share your builds and let’s discuss why she is the best support on AoV!
D5E3D3BA-CC32-4103-9D2B-02EDB84E7EEA.png
Reply 2 0

Use magic

HarveySpecter|  Author| HarveySpecter 1/19/2018 15:13:41 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
MobileGorilla replied at 1/19/2018 08:26 AM
I watched the video. So you KS when the enemy is low hp instead of giving the gold to your true da ...

When you are in the same situation you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. The gold was shared anyway because of assist. It’s a team play. And yes supports also need gold, if your supports don’t have good items, you’re basically kissing goodbye to a definite win.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

inno| inno 1/18/2018 00:17:37 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
Alice's the best support for me not only she has the mobility to roam and aid her allies, but also she can act as a bait, lure the opponents to an ambush and have massive power to silence and stun her opponents. Though I'll add that Alice performance will depends on her teammates, but with the right build and proper placing, she's definitely a pain.

Here's my short clip in playing her since she's my main and, who says you can't triple kill with Alice? XD My Alice Moments of Valor
Reply 1 0

Use magic

HarveySpecter|  Author| HarveySpecter 1/18/2018 16:49:23 From the mobile phone
Show all posts
inno replied at 1/18/2018 12:17 AM
Alice's the best support for me not only she has the mobility to roam and aid her allies, but also s ...

What do you think is the best combination of items for Alice?
Reply 0 0

Use magic

MobileGorilla| MobileGorilla 1/19/2018 08:26:34
Show all posts
inno replied at 1/18/2018 12:17 AM
Alice's the best support for me not only she has the mobility to roam and aid her allies, but also s ...

I watched the video. So you KS when the enemy is low hp instead of giving the gold to your true damage dealers that did the work and need the gold to do more damage. Do you know what a support is?
Reply 0 0

Use magic

CCChain| CCChain 8/15/2018 23:15:10
Show all posts
HarveySpecter replied at 1/19/2018 03:13 PM
When you are in the same situation you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. The gold was shared a ...

But in general marksman items cost more than alice's general build items. I think that the gold gain of the damage dealers takes priority over your own gold gain, especially in the early game. If you think you're lacking in gold, follow your jungler a bit or take Abyssal Dragon. Yes, it is team play, but gold is a necessity for items and power spikes, which the marksmen or junglers need early on to be relevant later in the game.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

www.arenaofvalor.com

TERMS OF SERVICE | PRIVACY STATEMENT

© 2016 PROXIMA BETA PTE LIMITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list