Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

To all the gunners out there...

Rongaulius| Rongaulius 5/3/2018 00:25:17
Show all posts |Read mode
Please realize that you are NOT God's gift to Mankind.  In fact...more often than not you kinda suck.  Badly.

Greetings from a somewhat embittered player, who has been stuck with one too many teams consisting of 2-3 ADC without enough tanks/warriors/mages.

I realize this is a somewhat unorthodox introductory post.  No matter.  There is a very simple point I would like to vent about:

Any team needs only ONE (1) marksman.  Period.  If that marksman is not you...

Too effing bad.

I refer only to ranked matches.  If it's Casual mode, well, nobody really cares; however in ranked mode, team balance is critically important.  Rest assured, you're NOT good enough to singlehandedly carry the team to victory.  Nor are you good enough to make up for an imbalanced team if there are three gunners and only one warrior and one tank.  If your teammates won't change, YOU do.  

Why?  Because you're ruining matches with your asinine determination to run the character you think you're good at.  You're not just losing your own matches; you're costing others losses as well.  And they don't appreciate it.

If that one gunner is the only character you can run effectively, don't play rank!  Practice with other heroes - I recommend tanks, as they force you to become a team player - until at a minimum you have three or four heroes you're comfortable and effective with.  In this way you'll not only be familiar with your own hero but will also have a much better idea of what heroes you need to be wary of.

Ugh.  I'm done now.

Cheers.

Reply 1 0

Use magic

From_Hell| From_Hell 5/8/2018 21:08:26
Show all posts
Rongaulius replied at 5/8/2018 07:12 AM
Yes, I was a bit irritated when I wrote that.  Had just come off a very rough string of losses, all  ...

I have seen this less and less thankfully. Another idea that I would like would for mages and certain tanks to get a major buff (Superman of coarse needs that debuff).

List of non-ADC who could use some love:
- Maganga
- Azzen’Ka (favorite character)
- Jinnar
- Krixi
- Ignis
- Taraa
- Arthur
- Omega
- Nakroth
- Kriknack
- Chargnar

Reply 1 0

Use magic

From_Hell| From_Hell 5/4/2018 18:00:23
Show all posts
I do think there are players that do not pick their characters so much “for the good of the team” as for “IDK how to play any other character but this one”.  I speculate giving players an additional arcana page or two might help give more variation to what players learn to play, but I have no evidence for this.

I personally play Mage/Control or Warrior/Assassin and hate playing ADC/marksman. I think it’s a good advice  that players learn to play a character or two in each class before playing ranked. This can quickly be done by learning how to play 1 tank/warrior, 1 marksman, and 1 mage and is fairly manageable. Wouldn’t mind if they made it so players had to reach seasoned proficiency or medium proficiency in 1 tank, 1 warrior, 1 marksman, and 1 mage character before being able to play ranked.

P.s. were you angry/annoyed when you typed this message? While I think you have a point, this is a bit harshly phrased.
Reply 1 0

Use magic

Rongaulius|  Author| Rongaulius 5/8/2018 07:12:43
Show all posts
Yes, I was a bit irritated when I wrote that.  Had just come off a very rough string of losses, all of which came about from having 2-3 gunners on my team and only one or less of them being of any use.  I dislike having my best efforts to support my team wasted by teammates who refuse to try to be helpful and only want to do what they want to do.  Again, not as much of an issue in Casual.  But in Rank?  Come on...the object is to WIN, not carry the team!

I think a simple way to fix (or at least lower the frequency of) issues like this would be to require players to reach Seasoned proficiency with any hero before playing Rank.  There'd still be the jerks who refuse to learn anything other than ADC, but at least they'd have a better idea what they were doing.  Or hopefully so.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

Rongaulius|  Author| Rongaulius 5/11/2018 09:20:26
Show all posts
If they could cut down Superman's ability damage dealt, that would make I think a sufficient difference.  Force him to rely on gear for damage buffs, because at the moment his abilities deal a crap-ton of damage even without gear.

What sort of changes would you like to see for the listed heroes?  I'm going to politely disagree on Arthur, Taara, and Kriknak needing any buffs, but that may just be my opinion.  The others, yeah, they could definitely be stronger without hurting balance.  

Arthur, I tend to run more as a warrior than as a tank.  He's highly mobile and tough as a warrior but unimpressive as a tank.  IMHO, YMMV.  The most effective builds I've used for Arthur start with Blitz Blade, Sonic Boots/Gilded Greaves, and Frost Cape, in that order.  After that it's whatever suits the user's particular style.  Those first three items bolster his mobility, attack, and defense, and the Blitz Blade's passive ability helps make extremely quick work of minion waves.  Which stands Arthur in good stead when clearing lanes.

Taara...if you build for skill cooldown and HP regen, she's nigh unkillable when leveled.  I typically start with Spear of Longinus, then movement, then Frost Cape, and then Amulet of Longevity.  At this stage she's almost immortal, unless your team has been feeding the enemy.  Last two items your choice; I prefer Medallion of Troy and/or Shield of the Lost.

Kriknak, as far as I'm concerned, is possibly the strongest Assassin in the game.  "Possibly" because Murad is a thing and Batman will be a thing at some point, but Kriknak fits me better than any other assassin I've tried.  He's vastly more mobile than almost anything else, allowing him to engage and disengage pretty much at will.  He doesn't deal area damage like most other assassins, which means he's not quite as good at taking on massed enemy teams, but if you need to kill ONE enemy, Kriknak can do it faster than anything else.  Which makes him stronger than other assassins in the early game when teams are spread out.  Late-game, it's generally best if Kriknak waits in the brush and attacks after both teams are engaged; in that way he can jump (literally!) on distracted enemies, deal massive damage, and then retreat to do the same thing over again.  I wasn't impressed until the first few matches I used him, but then I was blown away.  I'm quite surprised there aren't more Kriknaks out there.

As far as the others, the only one's I've used enough to have any frame of reference are Omega, Chaugnar, and Krixi.  If they made Krixi's S2 stun enemies after they land, that would be a major improvement to her CC without making her too strong.  Chaugnar, just doesn't seem very durable to me.  And/or he uses mana too fast; when using his abilities he runs out of mana very fast, leaving him useless.  Maybe decrease his mana draw or increase his mana regen, as well as boosting his armor and resistance.  Wouldn't make him OP, as he still doesn't deal much in the way of damage and his CC is limited to his S1.  

Omega, I've really no clue why he's classified as a tank.  When built as one, he's laughably bad.  Much better choice I've found is to build him as a warrior.  When possible, I incorporate all three armor-piercing attack items (Spear of Longinus, Muramasu, Rankbreaker) and use the other three slots for movement and defense pieces.  Use the Disable talent and he makes a powerful tower killer.  Except, he needs good support to survive, and he seldom gets that because people think "Omega is a tank, won't be attacking, won't need support".  If they simply changed his classification to Warrior, or even designated him as a Tank/Warrior, he'd be far better off.

Again, that's my experience with him.
Reply 0 0

Use magic

From_Hell| From_Hell The day before yesterday 01:54 PM
Show all posts
Edited by From_Hell at 5/18/2018 02:36 PM
Rongaulius replied at 5/11/2018 09:20 AM
If they could cut down Superman's ability damage dealt, that would make I think a sufficient differe ...

I think art could use a little buffing since he is the first tank you start off with and is weaker than both Malroch and WW at his role. I agree he’s probably fine, but I wouldn’t mind something small like a 100-200 base Hp buff.

Taraa while unkillable is useless against an enemy team with any 2 sense. If they simply avoid targeting Taraa they can save her for later. While this may require the ADC or mage to buy 1 piece or armor, this is quiet manageable and Taraa being sidelined due to inability to draw attention is rather embarrassing considering she’s a tank. I was thinking of giving her a small cc effect by giving her 1st ability a short stun but slightly high CD so she can draw more aggro.

Kriknack is strong, but he doesn’t seem much like an assassin. When I play him, I need to buy a little on the tankier side and with assassins like Murad, Flash, and Liliana around Kricknack’s damage is dismal late game (by comparison). He just doesn’t seem to pack enough of a punch later game unless he is fighting a tank....and we all know to target the tank in team fights...
[Revision: Was being sarcastic in the last part. Kricknack’s Damage scaling to the amount of HP his opponent has with his 1st ability and his 2nd healing instead of mauling makes me feel he isn’t much of an assassin. I enjoy him as a character, but really I mostly end up playing him as a pure tank. You just don’t get that damage output that Fly or Raz has (or Wu Kong, or see above).]
Reply 0 0

Use magic

From_Hell| From_Hell The day before yesterday 02:30 PM
Show all posts
Maganga needs to be able to heal himself more and teammates less, he is too dependent on friends early on and is only really useful really late in the game and most games end before then.

Azzen’Ka moves really slowly. Even with Hermès boots he seems to move slower than any other character I play. This could just be me, but it seems that the theme of Azzen’Ka is “slow”. He slows down opponents and all his abilities (sans his 2nd skill) take a second to go off. This limits his survivability and makes it so any to-bit assassin can take him out when alone and tends to isolate him to his lane when playing against really aggressive assassins. I would like to see his 1st skill’s animation trigger a bit faster or his base movement speed to increase a little bit (like by 10 or so nothing big). This could just be me loving Azzen’Ka as my favorite hero.

Jinnar is simply weaker than Mage/Assassins like Liliana or Lauriel. He has little to no evasion and is nothing without his ult. They made it so he is a bit tankier, but as a mage he needs to be able to deal damage in a 1v1 scenario. Most of his attacks are AOE based making him dependent on there being team fights (Azzen’Ka is too for that matter). Since he is a situational character like Azzen’Ka I think he needs to be able to do a bit more point damage. Maybe make his passive deal more damage. Unlike Azzen’Ka Jinnar also is seriously hurting in his range so upping the damage from his passive should help.

Krixi needs to be able to out run other characters. The appeal of Krixi when the game first came out was she was FAST. Now characters like her and Nakroth who lived off mobility are falling behind characters like Murad, Flash, Superman, etc. Krixi having a stronger CC effect could fix this. I was thinking more along the lines of the speed buff from her passive lasting a little longer or the speed buff was 45% instead of 30%. Her Ult can use a wider radius because it’s pretty darn useless most of the time.

Ignis has so many problems I don’t know where to begin. He is a vanilla “do everything” mage. He heals, creates shields, does true damage, stuns, gains movement buffs, and has classic AOE DOT damage attacks. This may seem strong but really all the effects are so weak that Ignis just becomes laughably bad. His abilities do absolutely nothing without his foes being marked and the mark lasts a whopping 2.5 seconds—half of which is the casting time for practically all of his abilities. In addition, his 1st skill has a puny range, 2nd skill has a small radius and his Ult is more of a warning/signal flare than a source of significant damage (since everyone simply steps out of it). Buffs for ignis can include: increasing the radius of his 2nd skill, decreasing the exorbitant mana costs of his 2nd and 3rd skills, decrease the delay between his ult appearing and dealing damage, increasing his damage from A.P. items, and/or increasing the time I which his victims are marked. Really, I think half the time a Grakk provides more CC and Damage playing as a mage than an Ignis does playing as a mage.

Omega is the but joke of tanks. He is more of a warrior than a tank... Can we see some (more) damage reduction effects on his skills? Because I’m pretty sure Astrid or WW have more damage reduction than Omega and they are classified as warriors.... I think it would be fair if his passive gave him (to scale) greater passive hp regeneration/5 sec. such as +(5 to75) hp/5 seconds as a basic attribute buff.

Nakroth is absolutely useless in team fights. Can we give him some of Flashes mobility and damage? Because seriously Nakroth is slower than the OP DC crowd (sans WW) and does less damage too (funnily enough only Flash is classified as an assassin). Generally compared to all other assassins Nakroth just doesn’t do damage. I was thinking giving his 2nd or 1st skill a purify effect so he can maintain his constant mobility and avoid cc like Kilgroth or possibly buffing the base damage of his skills since he is an attack speed based character making a damage increase from A.D. pretty useless.

Chargnar as mentioned before lacks either hp or mana. I was thinking more of increasing his base defenses or Hp by a little to give him more early game survivability but I wouldn’t mind his ult and 1st ability giving a small shielding effect that scales with A.P.

There are other characters that a buff would allow them to see the light like:

- Fennik
- Perua
- Zill
- Veera
- Valhein
- Aleister
- Gildur
- Diaochan
- Illumia
- Astrid
- Lumburr
- Etc....

(As you can see, I prefer buffing as to nerfing)
Reply 0 0

Use magic

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign Up

www.arenaofvalor.com

TERMS OF SERVICE | PRIVACY STATEMENT

© 2016 PROXIMA BETA PTE LIMITED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list